Shows / Perspectives
Home City:Los Angeles & Chicago
Music Style:Deep House, Progressive House
Next Episode: Wednesday, Mar 19 2014 04:00PM EDT
Internationally acclaimed DJ, producer, radio host, and label owner Darin Epsilon is often referred to as a leader of the Progressive & Tech House scene. His Perspectives radio show and podcast, along with his frequent guest appearances on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio (siriusxm.com), allow him to reach tens of thousands of listeners on a regular basis. His SoundCloud page (soundcloud.com/darinepsilon) alone has over 400,000 total plays and receives a whopping 10,000 plays per month. He launched his record label Perspectives Digital (perspectivesdigital.com) in November 2010 as an extension of the brand, further solidifying his influence and presence within the global dance community. To top it all, he was named one of the winners in John Digweed & Beatport’s DJ Competition during the summer of 2011.
As a gifted student of music from an early age, former record shop employee, and former director of a college radio station, Darin draws inspiration from his nearly encyclopedic knowledge and genuine appreciation of electronic music. He cites a variety of important influences in the past decade, from the early Leftfield and Future Sound of London albums, to the iconic Global Underground compilation series, to the sweeping sounds of Paul Oakenfold circa 1999, to Sasha & Digweed’s mind-blowing Delta Heavy tour in 2002.
The Frankfurt born, Berlin based DJ & Producer Martin Roth first arrived in the spotlight of global underground dance music when alongside Eric Prydz and Deadmau5 he was named a Beatport Star of 2009 as a result of topping their sales chart no less than 5 times that year, achieving an incredible 16 Top 10 positions and receiving 3 nominations at the Beatport Annual Awards for his productions and remixes.
Since those heady days Martin has gone from strength to strength cementing his reputation as one of the brightest stars of the underground dance scene.
Influenced by both the classic progressive house sound of the 90’s & 00’s and the deep house avant garde of today, Martin’s tracks and remixes have been continually supported by the likes of Sasha, John Digweed, Eric Prydz, Tiefschwartz, Solomun, Climbers, Jozif amongst many other leading names.
2012’s “Beautiful Life” released on Anjunadeep Records became one of the biggest deep house records of the year achieving a top 5 Beatport chart position and racking up an incredible 3 million plus views on YouTube.
The follow up “Make Love To You Baby”, again on Anjunadeep, reinforced Martin’s position as a stalwart of the trippier shade of deep house and found favour with many of the major players in the scene.
As a classically trained pianist Martin is very at home in the studio making music and he has a number of his deep and textured grooves getting ready for release in 2013 as well as the launch of a new production project exploring the techno sounds he has always loved.
Equally as natural and instinctive on the decks as he is in the studio, Martin has built a strong career as a DJ and amongst appearing regularly at the best clubs on every continent he holds down a residency at the legendary Ministry of Sound in London.
Perspectives - February 2014 - Martin Roth
- Asadinho feat. Robert Owens - Rouge (Original Mix) - [RvS]
- Derek Marin - I Like That Freq (Alex Delano Remix) - [Superfreq]
- Booka Shade feat. Fritz Kalkbrenner - Crossing Borders (Original Mix) - [Blaufield]
- Slove - Flash (Pachanga Boys Remix) - [Pschent Music]
- Mihai Popoviciu - Transitions (Bootleg Mix) - [Bla Bla]
- Moderat - Versions (Original Mix) - [Monkeytown]
- Marc Miroir - Black Amber (Mihai Popoviciu Remix) - [Bondage Music]
- Liaisons D - Stress Free (Max Belobrov Remix)
- Doomwork - Independence (Original Mix) - [Cocoon]
- Marcus Worgull & Peter Patreike - Lenoix (Original Mix) - [Innervisions]
- Mark Henning feat. Dejan - Stash House (Original Mix) - [Swing Recordings]
- Wolf + Lamb feat. John Camp & Patricia Edwards - Make Me Fall (Original Mix) - [Wolf + Lamb]
- Maher Daniel & John Charnis - Lonely Stars In Open Skies (Luca Bacchetti Remix) - [All Day I Dream]
Perspectives - February 2014 - Darin Epsilon
- Lexer - My Princess (Soukie & Windish Remix) - [Der Turnbeutel]
- Hasan Mogol - Sieneis (Original Mix / DE Edit) - [Aequivalenz]
- London Grammar - Strong (Shadow Child Remix) - [Food Music]
- Tristan Ingram - Passionate (Original Mix) - [Kinky Malinki]
- Alexander B - I See (Cosmic Cowboys Summer Remix / DE Edit) - [Society 3.0]
- Steve Lawler - Venerate (Marco Ressman's San Juan Remix) - [Upon You Records]
- Mash - Sausalito (Original Mix) - [Bulletdodge]
- Gregor Treshor - Permafrost (A Ldric Warm Keys Remix) - [Break New Soil]
- Blamma! Blamma! feat. Kristina Train - Zsa Zsa (Eelke Kleijn's After The After Remix) - [Eskimo]
- Olivier Weiter - Angelus (Original Mix) - [Parquet]
- Stefan Z - No Words (Original Mix / DE Edit) - [My Favorite Robot]
- Martina Topley - Crystalised (Agoria Remix / Dixon Vocal Retouch) - [No 19 Music]
- Hot Since 82 - Planes & Trains (Dosem Remix) - [Suara]
- Chymera - Moot Point (Original Mix) - [Ovum]