Shows / Suffused Diary
Home City:Vilnius, Lithuania
Music Style:Breaks, Progressive House
Favorite Venues:Exit [Lithuania]
Next Episode: Friday, Sep 5 2014 12:00PM EDT
The summer of 2010 was already picking up it`s pace. Because of record high temperatures the cities were half empty with only dust and melting roads, as all the people were near the sea or at lakes, rivers, ponds and all sorts of swamps… so to say returned to the roots of life. Despite the forest fires, crops dying and people having to stay in water all day as if they were hippos, the heat wave relay had some nice sides to it in the capital of Lithuania, Vilnius. Where two guys were having prolonged exposure to enormous temperatures, so that their brains actually melted and suffused to something, that within a couple of months has became Lithuania`s most promising new deep progressive act of 2010. As summer faded and the temperature dropped, everything returned to normal. But not for Suffused, who are still showing quite high temperatures.
In 2011 Suffused started their own show “Suffused Diary” on Digitally Imported, where they are presenting the freshest upcoming tracks from all around the globe. It has seen the likes of Kasey Taylor, Tomas Haverlik, Airwave, Michael & Levan and Stiven Rivic, Lemon8, Cid Inc and many other prominent artists ir the progressive house field. As of 2012, the show was transferred to friskyRadio and in 2013 Suffused have launched their own imprint “Suffused Music”. 2014 crowns the start of sub-label called “Suffused Polarities”, which is focused on atmospheric music like ambient, chillout & downtempo.
John Johnson has been prominent fixture in the music business for nearly 2 decades and achieved great success with his production and remix work in the international dance music scene. He amassed over 300 productions and remixes over the span of nearly 20 years. His remixes have graced official releases from the likes of U2, Jennifer Lopez, Lenny Kravitz, Kylie Minogue, John Digweed to Underworld and many more.
In the early beginnings in 1996 he started producing and remixing under his guise Power Dove. His best-known track as Power Dove was his remix of Dovebeat’s – LaPaloma on Sounds Good Records that became an instant classic. Having remixed the likes of John Digweed’s Bedrock project and Underworld, as well as many other well-known EDM artist’s, there was a fight to sign John for his solo projects. IDJ (a sub-company of Ministry of Sound, London) won that bid and signed John in May 1999. Johns first single, “Impact”, was released in June 2000 to critical acclaim from the likes of Sasha, Armin van Burren, Carl Cox and Radio 1 master, Pete Tong.
His follow up the monster “City E.P.” released in 2001 was another great success. The title track “London” was featured as opener of Jimmy Van M’s Bedrock compilation. John’s DJ career also took off big time. In the UK you could see him regularly at Cream, Gatecrasher, Gallery, Inside Out, Type, Fabric, Ministry of Sound and in various locations all over the world form Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Helsinki, Ibiza, New York, Paris, Sydney, Berlin and many more.
John currently runs a bi-monthly radio show called New York Stories and a digital label called Media-Blackout with his best friends. John Johnson New York Stories 050 – Anniversary Edition, a retrospective of 20 years in the business, will be released September 30th 2014.
Suffused Diary - May 2014 - John Johnson
- Maceo Plex - Conjure Baleria [Ellum Audio]
- Christian Smith - The Exchange (John Johnson Aeromatic Edit)
- Miguel Bastida - The Specialist (Hollen Remix) [Deeperfect Records]
- Dosem - Become One (John Johnson Assasin's Dub)
- Booka Shade - Crossing Borders (John Johnson NoVox Cut)
- Hot Since 82 - Planes & Trains [Suara]
- Pleasurekraft - 313 Detroit Calling (John Johnson's Detroit Recut)
- Enrico San Guiliano - Capernoited (Jewel Kid Rework) [Alleanza]
- Drumcomplex - Launch (John Johnson Drum Edit)
- Rob Circuit - Monkey Business (John Johnson's FRISKY Edit)
- Luigi Madonna - Primo (John Johnson's Suffused 40 Edit)
- Lluis Ribalta - Belial [Gate Null Recordings]
- Christian Gambas - Increase The Grease (John Johnson Tube Tech Cut)
- Filterheadz - On Fire (John Johnson's House On Fire Edit)
- Sam Paganini - Polyester [Cocoon Recordings]
- Robert Babicz - Venus Transit (Wehbba Remix) [Systematic Recordings]
- Heron - Ride The Pride (John Johnson~Rs Dust Yard Rework)
- Dosem - Cityscapes (John Johnson Shanghai City Edit)
- Eelke Kleijn - Lovely Sweet Divine [Eskimo Recordings]
- John Johnson & Greyloop - Time Capsule (Cut Knob Remix) [238*West]
Suffused Diary - May 2014 - Suffused
- Subconscious Tales - Become Aware [Suffused Music]
- Julian Marazuela - Adios Para Siempre [CDR]
- AudioStorm - Fly With Me (Vlada D'Shake Flight Remix) [LuPS Records]
- Craig Townsend & Adam Weiss Pres. Dark Architects - Architectuality (Yuriy From Russia Remix) [Progline Records]
- Pedro Aguiar - Kyoto (Jamie Stevens Remix) [Flow Vinyl]
- Phi Phi & Airwave - The Horn (Cid Inc Remix) [Bonzai Progressive]
- Lateral Cut Groove - Deeper Sides [Liquid Grooves]
- Processing Vessel - Moody (Ewan Rill Remix) [Mystic Carousel Records]
- Subconscious Tales - Till It Begins [Suffused Music]
- Anton MAKe - Without Looking Back (Robert R. Hardy Remix) [Suffused Music]
- Ewan Rill & Anton Ttx - Reason To Live (Magnetic Brothers Dream Mix) [Suffused Music]